People are always considering new goals for themselves to work towards, and this often includes the desire to lose a few extra pounds, get fit and look better for the future.
If this is you then there are a few things you should consider getting on track with my GPS tips:
· Get advice from a Personal trainer. They can help you set goals, assess your diet and show you workouts that can help you achieve your goals. However, some of the most important skills a good PT will teach you is the significance and execution of weight training, hypertrophy, mind-muscle connection and learning to push yourself both mentally and physically. Learning these aspects can take time but is vital, especially when weight training is proven to be the most effective way to lose weight.
· Plan your workouts each week. Sit down on a Sunday evening and plan out what you are going to do for the week ahead. This should also include dietary aims, such as substituting a coffee and a cake with a bottle of water and an apple. These small changes make a big difference in the long term.
· Set yourself small, achievable goals as well as long term goals. Short term goals may be changes to diet, regular exercise commitments or hitting a personal best in the gym, while long term goals tend to veer towards the aesthetic, such as fitting into a dress size or losing X amount of weight.
5 things you can change today
1. Drink at least 2 litres of water each day.
2. Reduce the amount of alcohol you consume.
3. Reduce the amount of salt and sugar in your diet, no sugars in your tea and no chocolate bars/crisps as an afternoon snack.
4. Increase the amount of steps you take each day. Walk to collect the kids from school, go for a gentle evening walk etc.
5. Try and get at least 8 hours sleep each night.
Training from home
“Working out at home can appeal to people who don’t like training at a gym. Our private gym provides a comfortable environment in which to train and learn different training methods that you can then put in to action by yourself.”
There are many advantages to training at home. Other than equipment your outlay will be minimal. Equipment that you may want to consider purchasing for home workouts include: a set of dumbbells or kettlebells, exercise mat, bench, step, stability ball and resistance bands. Equipment may seem expensive but if you add up the cost of gym membership chances are you will see how much cheaper it can be to train at home.
Convenience is also a massive selling point, with no travelling time, no need to arrange a babysitter and open 24/7. All of this in the privacy of your own home, no need to feel self-conscious, just enjoy the endorphin rush once you’ve completed a work out.
For many people working out at home provides a great solution to achieve their goals, give it a try and see how much you can achieve! Something that holds many people back is a lack of confidence and knowledge of what they need to be doing to achieve results. A few sessions with a personal trainer to set out workouts and goals could make achieving even easier!
We help you set goals and how to work towards them. Get in touch if you would like some help.
I think we would all love to be given some magical answer of how to get the results that we want quickly, right? Would you like to know the secret? The thing that I say most to my clients... you must be consistent. Consistency. The thing we all need to be but find it hard to do. Consistency really is the key.
I don't just mean with exercise either, but every element of our daily lifestyles. You need to stop thinking quick fix, go hard core, extreme diet and/or exercise. Think about how you can be consistent. With your workouts, nutrition, sleep, water intake and overall recovery. All of these things are vital for overall health, fitness and physique goals. Ignore one thing and you might find that you're not making the progress you were expecting.
If you think about everything that you do as your lifestyle, if you make changes to that, is it something that you can maintain for a week, a month, a year? Yep, long term, not just a few days.
You really need to take a look at your mindset and the fact that you need to address that in order for everything else to slot into place (but more of that on another ramble).
We help you address consistency issues, get you to think about what holds you back and then find solutions to deal with them. Your Fitness Coaching wants to help you achieve your long term goals we will show you how to make sensible choices, how to train efficiently and with confidence, all in all giving you the tools to achieve your goals. Pretty exciting stuff really and we'd love to help you too.
Until the next time...
Jon and myself are extremely excited to finally launch our new website. Your Fitness Coaching.com. The result of lots of hard work to bring you a product that will allow you to have a custom designed program that you can access 24/7. We will give you the structure and support to achieve your goals. You will have workout and exercise plans to follow and we will check in with you each week to help you stay on track.
If you feel lost or are unsure of what to do next you can message us anytime for our guidance, knowledge or support. We won't just design you a program and leave you to it, we want to help you stay on track so you can build up the consistency to get long term results.
We love the app aspect of our program as it means you can access your plans on the go.
We will be making lots of videos to showcase all that we offer but if you have any questions in the meantime please get in touch.
We are very excited for whats to come and there will be many more posts on the way!